What’s my skincare?
My skincare routine never consisted of many fancy or expensive products, but the products I do use have always worked for me for over 5 years now, and I continue to stick with them because they have always maintained my skin. So, I want to share them with you all :)
It’s so important for us to pay attention to our skin. Throughout my teen years, I did not care as much or pay attention to even the simplest things for my cause of acne, and once I did figure out the majority of my acne breakouts, I understood how I could quickly heal it and now it’s not as difficult anymore. My skin is extremely dry but also sensitive to oils, alcohols, and fragrances, but so far, I have mastered my routine by knowing what I can handle and what I can’t handle, and we will get into that soon! For us to realize what’s best needed for our skin, we must become attentive to how our skin reacts to products, how it displays during the day(texture/color), what we eat/drink(put into our bodies), and what we come in contact with to irritate it(everyday usages), etc. Let’s get started!
Things I didn’t know about my skin:
Since my skin is extremely dry and sensitive at times, I didn’t know that simple everyday things would affect it the way it did, like phone cases, etc. Even from the way that I ate, considering I found out that I am both gluten and lactose intolerant-living the best life haha!
Since I have food allergies, I did not know that the food I would eat with traces or high amounts of the allergens began to not only upset my stomach but reflect out in my face as well, as one would know as breaking out. After knowing these matters, I have tried a routine that has worked for a few years now, and I have kept it ever since, and if you have dry sensitive skin, and also food allergies, this could possibly help you as well. I will list it all below. I hope this helps someone!
- Exfoliate with a bar of Ivory soap and a small rubber scrubbie gently for a few mins then I rinse my face in cold water last
- Pat dry then I mist my “insta-natural” vitamin C toner along with my vitamin C serum once dry(helps with brightening/tightening skin)
- Lastly, I apply my “dermasil” Vitamin E day cream(no oils + hypoallergenic) to moisturize at the end
What I do to maintain my skin:
- Reframe from picking/irritating my skin
- Wash pillow case at least once a week
- Constantly wipe down my phone case
- Drink more water than coffee
- Reframe from too much sugar
- Keep clean hair
This is what I have learned :)